Cindy Gallop, former Chairman of ad agency BBH, risk-taker, TED speaker and plain-speaking champion for women’s rights shares her top tips for women in business:
- The only person who can make things happen for you is you. People can help you (i.e., champions), but you need to make it happen.
- You’ll never own the future if you care what other people think.The fear of what other people will think is the single most paralyzing dynamic in business and life.
- Don’t just look for mentors but for champions as well
- Never give anything away for free
- Manage your own mind. Mind management tip: of all the things that stress you out every day, pick one thing and address only that one stress that day.
- Be totally unashamed of wanting to make a ton of money
- One of the quickest ways for women to make a money is to invest
- Don’t let anyone tell you what to do with your own money
- Social sharing can help make sh*t happen for women
- If you are working at a place that does not welcome and celebrate your talent, somewhere that does not allow you to disrupt and innovate in the way that you want to, get out, get another job.
- There is always a way over, around, under or through every obstacle. You just need to be creative about what that is. Take micro-actions.