The pandemic has disrupted and challenged the way we work and lead. More than ever we need an experienced and confidential sounding board to reset, test decisions, strengthen performance, manage ourselves and enhance key leadership skills. Our executive program will support leaders to:
- Strengthen capability and performance
- Maintain energy and motivation for themselves and their teams
- Drive effective stakeholder management
- Gain insights and different perspectives on managing key business challenges
- Test ideas and decisions
A mentor can engage, develop skills and improve performance at a time when we need it the most. Access our outstanding network of experienced mentors and leaders who are ready to help and support via our six month, high impact program.
Executive Mentoring Program includes:
- Ten hours tailored sessions with a member of our exceptional network of experienced business leaders held over a six month period with option to extend to 12 months (includes 1 hour facilitated introduction session)
- Personalised matching process, program management and support from McCarthy Mentoring
- Sessions will be delivered virtually from wherever you are in the world.
Hogan Leadership Assessments are available on request. These assessments provide leaders with greater self-awareness and a deeper understanding into their leadership strengths, behaviours, challenges and drivers. Insights will be delivered via a 1.5 hr Hogan Accredited coach debrief and reports.
Contact us now for a quote to commence your mentoring program.
Results from the McCarthy Mentoring Executive Program include:
- 82% enhanced confidence and self awareness
- 78% improved decision-making
- 78% better manage challenging workplace situations
- 64% enhanced overall performance
- 62% improved stakeholder management including the board
CEO Mentoring Program
“I now manage the board and management more effectively”
Boards may also choose to offer mentors to new CEO’s to support them in their transition to leadership. Our experience has found that boards often believe that regardless of the quality of the board/CEO relationship and strength of leadership, the CEO needs their own independent sounding board, external to the organisation to discuss and test ideas and strategies. Boards see it as a risk management strategy.
CEOs Need Mentors Too: research reveals the type of advice top executives require and how they get it, Harvard Business Review
“The great benefit of mentoring should never be underestimated. To have the benefit or luxury of discussing complex organisational issues with someone who is not emotionally involved is a huge investment, for the individual, the mentor & consequently the organisation.”
NSW Health Pathology
Three executives were offered the Executive Mentoring Program in 2013 when the newly created entity was being established and the strategic direction was being refined and implemented. The program sought to retain and support valued executives at a time of significant cultural, workforce and process changes. Since this time, McCarthy Mentoring has supported a number of its executives and emerging leaders with successful outcomes. Participants reported increased performance, better able to manage workplace issues and improved stakeholder management. NSW Health Pathology has retained 92% of program participants.
Glenn Collins, CEO, Giancorp Property Group
At the time of engaging a mentor, Glenn Collins was a Regional Executive at the Bank of Melbourne. He sought the advice and guidance of a leader outside of his organisation and broader network to test ideas and provide an independent perspective on his career plans and goals. Craig was connected to one of our valued experienced mentors, Non-Executive Director and former CEO and COO, Craig Wallace.
“It was worth it’s weight in gold”