The McCarthy Mentoring Not For Profit Executive Scholarship
McCarthy Mentoring is proud to offer its annual Executive Mentoring Scholarship for a leader in the not for profit sector. Now in its fifth year, the scholarship is designed to assist a talented executive progress their career, strengthen their leadership skills, manage tough organisation challenges and increase their capacity to affect change through their important work in the community.
The scholarship winner will be offered a six month Executive Mentoring Program with a carefully selected mentor external to the organisation. The mentor will be chosen from our suite of well-respected leaders from business, government and the not for profit sector that have not only reached the top of their fields but share our commitment to developing others. The program provides the mentee with a trusted confidential advisor to assist them to:
- develop their leadership skills and capacity
- build confidence and resilience
- clarify and map their goals and career path
- broaden networks
- manage challenging workplace issues
- gain support from board and other stakeholders
- further understand best governance practice
- work more effectively with the board
It consists of a facilitated introductory meeting, five x two hour meetings throughout the year as well as a formal evaluation at its completion. The recipient will also receive support and guidance through the McCarthy Mentoring one2one mentoring platform which includes insights, resources and best practice tools. In addition, they will be invited to attend our exclusive Leadership Lunches with other executive clients and guest speakers.
This is a very exciting opportunity for any executive looking to achieve their personal and organisational goals and strengthen their capacity to affect change in the Australian community.
Applications are now open for the 2017 Not for Profit Executive Scholarship. Please complete this online application form by 5pm, Friday 7th April. As part of the application, you will be asked to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, please contact our office.
- 2016 Scholarship recipient – Sarah Coker, Director of Programs for national mental health charity SANE Australia
- 2015 Scholarship recipient – Suzanne Connolly-Andrews, CEO, Gurriny Yealamucka Health Services, Northern Queensland. Read Suzanne’s mentoring story in The Australian.
- 2014 Scholarship recipient – Brett Macdonald, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Dry July Foundation
- 2013 Scholarship recipient – Karen Bevan, CEO Playgroups NSW
Terms and conditions
The following conditions apply:
- the scholarship is open to a member of an executive team reporting to the CEO or equivalent in an Australian not-for-profit organisation.
- applicants may live anywhere within Australia
- the scholarship recipient must commence the mentor program by June 2017
- the scholarship is awarded at the absolute discretion of McCarthy Mentoring
- a short-list of applicants may be called for a phone interview by McCarthy Mentoring
Applicants will be assessed based on their:
- potential for leadership (skills and/or expertise)
- need for career support and mentoring
- capacity to influence and make an impact within the organisation and broader sector