Since Greek mythology mentors have assisted us to navigate life’s questions and challenges.
In today’s workplace people need more one-to-one support. We can no longer assume that mentoring happens organically. Valuable mentors assist their mentees to understand the unwritten software of senior executive life.
The carefully selected mentoring partnerships are designed to clarify professional goals, enhance mentees’ skills, knowledge and confidence and expand professional networks. Mentors provide support and advice to mentees enabling them to develop strategies and apply their learning in the workplace.
Mentoring is often a component of leadership programs as it offers participants a trusted advisor to discuss issues around leadership, strategy and career planning distinct from the group setting of other training.
VALUE TO THE BUSINESS
Mentoring is a strategic way to develop, succession plan and manage talent. Mentoring:
- Improves participants confidence, leadership skills, stakeholder communications and management of workplace issues
- Broadens professional networks
- Strengthens the mentoring and learning culture
- Increases communication across business units, industry groups and across the organisation
- Increases talent pool for senior and critical roles
- Increases engagement and retention
Click here for BENEFITS FOR MENTEES